Saturday, March 3, 2012

Make Your Space Your Own

     Like most college students, in my dorm room, I have space for me and three outfits. That would be about all I can fit in this hole of a room. But when you sit, sleep, eat, and hang out in such a small space, you can drive yourself crazy. Even if it's on a small scale (a really, really small scale), you have to make your living space your own. Fill it with things that make you happy, even if that means being just a bit more cramped.


     All 3 of these stuffed animals were given to me by friends. I've added glasses from my sorority, a hat from a friend's birthday, and a necklace from Mardi Gras. Everything in my little corner has a special story that I can remember every time I see it.


     Not only do these flowers smell great, they make a college dorm room look a little more classy.


     Most of the papers on our door are inside jokes or silly pictures. They serve as great conversation starters, and they're fun to come home to after a long day of classes.


     I'm a neat freak as much as the next person, but I'm also a firm believer in letting yourself be messy every once in a while. As you can see, that once in a while is right now. Maybe it's a bit more difficult to move around, but at least everything I need is somewhere I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment