Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Treats

     I don't know about you, but I am a huge fan of sugar. I don't mean to consume as many sweets as I do, but sometimes, I have those days when I have to dig myself out of the pile of chocolate wrappers that has accumulated on my desk. This week's Tuesday Treat is made for someone just like me who needs to take a break from the refined sugar, but still satisfy a sweet tooth.


Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup soy milk

Method
Firstly, make sure you freeze the banana far enough in advance and put it in the freezer without the peel! You'll never be able to peel it once it's frozen...
Throw all of the ingredients into a food processor or, my favorite, a Vitamixer. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth in consistency and there are no more chunks. Then, scoop out and enjoy! It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment