Saturday, September 22, 2012

Making a Habit




      My parents run every day. Rain or shine, 100 degrees or negative twelve, they are out there every morning. By the time I’m rolling out of bed, they’ve already finished their workout for the day. I’m a fan of running too, but doing it every day? Kind of a struggle… But for them, it's just a habit.
     I decided that it's time for me to make some better habits. That’s why this week I’m going to try running every day. 7 days in a row? I think I can handle that.  I may not be rising with the sun to get in my run before speeding off to classes, but I’ll do it, one way or another. I like a challenge. Maybe by challenging myself to run more often, I’ll actually get out there and do it. 
     So starting tomorrow morning, I'll be up with the sun (meaning I'll be up at some point when the sun's out) and I'll be running. Maybe by forcing myself to do it every day for seven days will motivate me to be like my parents. At least, for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment